The standards for Australian Certified Organic, free-range, grass-fed meats are more stringent than the American standards – ones that we’re proud to uphold. We source all of our products from a group of hand-selected family farmers. Each of our farms adheres to the highest standards of animal welfare. This includes raising the animals free from confinement: Cleaver’s products are all from animals humanely raised in a free-range environment and meet all Australian Certified Organic meats requirements.
- Raised free range
- Practice stress-free weaning
- Being fed on organic pastures and supplements
- No use of synthetic pesticides or herbicides
- Never given growth hormones
- Farms are audited annually to make sure they comply with organic standards
- Cattle are all grass fed from start to finish, with access to sunlight and fresh clean water.
We also adhere to strict guidelines for grass-fed labeling. U.S. beef can be called grass-fed even if the cattle are “finished” on grain. We guarantee our animals are raised and finished only on grass and foliage.