Rastelli Foods Group – 300 Heron Drive | Swedesboro, NJ 08085
Description: fulltime / first shift
Follow all production procedures as instructed, maintaining high production numbers to meet customer orders while working with a team. Responsible for manually packing fresh and frozen product into individual packaging and boxes, then stacking them onto pallets while maintaining safety standards. The job of the packer may also include moving and keeping track of pallets of product throughout the floor.
- Must be able to manually pack fresh and frozen products while tracking quantity to meet orders corresponding with customer’s purchases. Understand the finished product and constantly performing visual inspections for quality. Looking for defects, expiration dates, and any other imperfections with packaging or product and then taking appropriate actions to communicate and rectify them.
- Ability to rotate to other packing positions around the plant to ensure productivity and demand.
- Follow all standard operating procedures, company policies and provincial and federal safety guidelines
- Other duties shall be assigned as required. Work effectively as part of a team to ensure productivity and efficiency. Participate in training and cross-training, and help coworkers as needed.
- Follow all Safety requirements including, housekeeping, LO/TO, Confined Space, PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and engage in facility safety efforts. Participate in the improvement of products, services, and processes.
- 1 year experience in production or packing (Preferred).
- Complete all orientation training.
- Ability to lift up to 50 Lbs. from the floor.
- Working in cold and wet environment.